SIT20122- Certificate II in Tourism (VETiS)
- This nationally recognised SIT20122 – Certificate II in Tourism (Release 1) program is funded by the Queensland government through the VET investment budget.
- Available to eligible students in years 10, 11 & 12
- CTIA are able to manage your Tourism program delivered at school through a blended delivery model including on-line, face to face or a combination of both.
- The practical elements of this program are consolidated by immersing the students into either an eco-tourism or leisure tourism experience.
Practical consolidation options:
- Tangalooma Island Resort.
- Single day excursion to Tangalooma Island resort followed by an interactive event at your school with a focus on team building, leadership and personal growth.
- Gold Coast leisure tourism experience where students become the tourists, experiencing the excitement of a range of different activities.
- Single day iconic Gold Coast tour, become a tourist and see why it is the tourism destination of choice, followed by an interactive event at your school with a focus on team building, leadership and personal growth.
- We will work with your school to identify the most suitable options.
- 6-12 months depending on the delivery mode chosen. CTIA will work with you to meet your schools specific needs.
- CTIA will deliver this program at your school at a time suitable for all parties. Minimum class size, 20 students
- Flexible delivery options to meet your schools specific curriculum requirements.
- Practical consolidation of theory where we take students out of the classroom and into an interactive environment, allowing students to experience the practical elements of the program within a workplace context to emphasise the employability skills required today.
Dependent on the practical consolidation experience offered, activities may include:
- The unique ecosystem of Moreton Island and the impacts of eco-tourism.
- The tourism industry in action and associated jobs
- Front of house tour of Tangalooma Island Resort
- Various tourism activities promoted at Tangalooma, including:
- Wild Dolphin feeding, snorkeling Tangalooma Shipwrecks, and the 4WD Desert Safari Tour with sand tobogganing.
- VETiS is funded by the VET investment budget, meaning there are no costs to eligible students. This funding covers the cost of the qualification and all costs associated with the delivery of the 11 units of competency including resources, consumables and the tourism practical consolidation.
Eco-Tourism – Tangalooma Island Resort
Leisure Tourism – Gold Coast
- Duration: 6 – 12 Months depending on Delivery Mode Chosen
- Prerequisites: No
- Course Capacity: Unlimited
- Eligible Funding: VETiS