VETiS (Vocational Education and Training in Schools)
- CTIA offers Certificate II qualifications in Tourism and Hospitality funded by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training’s VET investment budget.
- These programs provide an introduction to the tourism and hospitality industries and could lead to entry level positions within these two rapidly growing employment areas.
- Successful completion of a Certificate II qualification may enable students to gain an additional 4 QCE points,
- There are no costs to eligible students.
- This funding covers the cost of the qualification and all costs associated with the delivery of the units of competency that make up each qualification including resources, consumables and practical consolidation.
- All Queensland secondary school students in Years 10, 11 and 12 can access VETiS funding, however VET investment funding can only be used for those qualifications identified as employment stream qualifications.
- Students who complete a certificate I or II level qualification at school are still eligible to access further Queensland Government subsidised training post-school such as the Certificate 3 Guarantee.
- Students undertaking VETiS, will be funded to complete one employment stream qualification at the certificate I or II level. https://desbt.qld.gov.au/training/training-careers/incentives/vetis
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to access a VETiS qualification funded by the Queensland Government, prospective students must:
- Be currently enrolled in secondary school, in Year 10, 11 or 12;
- Permanently reside in Queensland
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residence, or a New Zealand citizen.
- Attend all scheduled training days
- Provide a copy of a birth certificate / extract or passport
- Supply CTIA with a fully completed application form
- Provide a LUI (Learner Unique Identifier) number – to register on student learning accounts
- Provide a USI (Unique Student Identifier) – CTIA cannot issue certificate without this
SIT20322 – Certificate II in Hospitality
- CTIA offers Certificate II qualifications in tourism and hospitality funded by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training’s VET investment budget.
- On successful completion of a Certificate II course, students have the option to progress to a Certificate III level qualification for a nominal fee.
- CTIA can tailor a training program to meet the individual needs of your school.
- Successful completion of a Certificate II qualification may enable students to gain an additional 4 QCE points.