SIT30122 – Certificate III in Tourism (Traineeship)
- This nationally recognized SIT30122 – Certificate III in Tourism is available through Australian Apprenticeships.
- This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use a range of well-developed tourism service, sales or operational skills and sound knowledge of industry operations to coordinate tourism services.
- Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
- This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for specialisation in office-based roles involving the planning and coordination of tourism services, or roles in the field where products are delivered.
- The objective is to provide students with a program that addresses all the necessary criteria for the Certificate III in Tourism in an exciting experience of a lifetime.
- Study is required over 15 units of competency where students have the opportunity to consolidate their leaning by attending one of our optional practical industry experiences.
- This qualification provides a pathway to work in many tourism industry sectors and for a diversity of employers including tour operators, inbound tour operators, visitor information centres, attractions, cultural and heritage sites, and any small tourism business.
- This program is designed to be delivered over 24 months or 1200 – 2400 hours, flexible arrangements can be made to meet your specific needs as far as contact visits, industry consolidation visits and monitoring visits to ensure you remain on track to successfully complete your qualification.
- Students will need to have completed 50 days of paid employment each year over the 24 month traineeship to achieve their qualification.
- Part funding is made available by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT), the employer/student is also required to make a co-contribution to the cost of this course.
- The co-contribution fee for this course is $1,400.00, this includes the mandatory Student contribution fees under the User Choice program which are set at $1.60 per nominal hour for each unit of competency/module to be calculated at the commencement of the unit of competency/module.
- In some cases, an RTO may provide either a partial or full exemption for a student in respect to the co-contribution fee (see student handbook). School based trainees are not required to pay a co-contribution fee while they are still at school.
- Existing Workers are not funded under the User Choice program for this qualifications and are charged at the rate of $3,000.00.
- Full QLD government funding is provided for Priority Population Groups (PPG) are those declared on the national Apprenticeship/Traineeship Contract, such as individuals of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin, individuals from a non-English speaking background and individuals with a disability, impairment or long term condition.
- Please discuss your individual situation with us.
- Duration: 24 months
- Prerequisites: No
- Course Capacity: Unlimited
User Choice (Traineeships)